"*" indicates required fields
As an Aviation Security Manager you will be part of the team responsible for leading and motivating the security team and culture at Teesside International Airport. Excellent communication skills with a solid understanding of the current regulation, legislation, and local operating procedures and requirements.
Directly reporting to the Head of Security you will ensure the effective supervision to the ‘on duty’ security team by Security Supervisors, and be operationally responsible for the safe, effective, efficient and compliant running of the security operation at Teesside International Airport. You will also have a responsibility for the overall standards and compliance of airport operations ranging from Cargo to General Aviation.
You should be able to demonstrate a hardworking, adaptable attitude and be able to thrive on variety in the workplace. Excellent communication skills and proactive approach to all work requirements with a team centred ethos and willingness to be a trained as a multi skilled team member.
A demonstrable background in the aviation industry and a customer service environment would be desirable along with people management skills and experience liaising with stakeholders.
· To oversee security screening of passengers and baggage in accordance with the latest CAA regulations and ensure compliance.
· Accountable for lane performance to ensure compliance and efficiency in line with daily KPI’s whilst balancing throughput, customer service and compliance.
· Display role model behaviour and ensure officers adhere to SOP’s, appearance standards and expected behaviours
· Carry out daily observations on all elements of service delivery, giving in the moment appropriate feedback
· Work cohesively as part of the team to maximise co-operation leading to the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
· Liaise and work together with other departments to ensure our customers receive a high standard of service.
· Plan in advance for Security Supervisors to ensure that resource deployment is planned before impact and that any operational issues are resolved to a satisfactory level once identified.
· Responsible for the personal development and performance management of security staff to deliver brilliance as standard for the Teesside Security Team.
· Addressing and recording customer complaints / problems, at source where possible, keeping line management informed.
· Ensure a record of any incidents / accidents involving customers, staff, equipment & aircraft are recorded and reported immediately to your line manager.
· Ensure all paperwork and administrative duties are completed and audited in a timely manner and relevant information is forwarded where appropriate.
· Ensure compliance of all CAA, and HSE procedures, keeping fully updated with changes to procedures or new procedures.
· To Ensure the consistency of operational performance, by reviewing, revising, and implementing practices and liaising with team members.
· Implement plans for improvement of security operations at Teesside in collaboration with the Head of Security.
· Carryout compliance audits (daily monitoring), including covert/overt test programmes.
· Responsible for writing and amendments of all Standard Operating Procedure for Security.
· Investigate and complete security breach report and rectification plans in a timely manner.
· Carry out any employee relations meetings in line with the HR Policies and Procedures.
· Ensure compliance levels are always monitored and maintained.
· Audit and manage the appearance and functionality of security areas, to ensure they are tidy, well maintained and give a good impression, with the necessary equipment for operational efficiencies and compliance.
· Inspire commitment, motivation and improved performance by encouraging innovation and flexibility to different ways of doing things and by recognising great work performance.
· Support the recruitment and training of security staff.
· Where any service level failure is identified and ensure it is fully recorded and rectifications plans are put in place in conjunction with the Head of Security to ensure no repeat occurs.
· Any other ad-hoc duties which may occur from time to time and are considered to be within the post holder’s capability, to ensure business continuity.
· Whilst at work the post-holder will be expected to comply and co-operate with the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and is reminded of the employee’s responsibilities as detailed in Sections 7 & 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
o Take reasonable care of the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work. Co-operate with the Company management so far as is necessary in order that the Company can carry out its statutory duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all relevant statutory provisions.
o Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
o In addition, the post-holder will comply with the more specific requirements contained within the Safety Management System and associated documents.
o Whilst at work the post-holder will be expected to take into consideration how their individual and collective actions may affect the Airport’s continued compliance with environmental guidance and legislation.
o Take responsibility for their actions and co-operate with the Airport Management so far as possible to minimise and prevent the potential pollution of the environment.
o Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse plant equipment, procedures or instructions that may lead to a pollution incident.
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties in line with the seniority of the role. The post may change over time to reflect the developing needs of the business, as well as the personal development needs of the post holder. This job description will be subject to regular review and adjustment.
Essential Person spec:
Able to obtain Security Clearance
The successful post holder will need to pass a variety of security courses including but not limited to:
-Threat assessors course
-Ground Security Supervisor
-Aviation Security Manager
Must have the intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
Experience of leading a team in a legislated service delivery environment
Resource planning and performance monitoring experience
Experience in day to day operational delivery
A solid understanding of various regulatory documents
Leadership and people management skills
Customer Service skills with a passion for service quality beyond expectations
Able to relate to and work with other departments and stakeholders collaboratively to develop mutually acceptable solutions and efficiencies
Communication to instil pride, enthusiasm and attention to detail
Excellent resource allocation skills, able to anticipate problems and react quickly
Ability to analyse and use data to assist decision-making
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Commercial awareness of the airport industry and understand its impact on operational requirements and developments
Full Driving Licence
Willingness to work flexibly including evenings, weekends, bank holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 20/03/2023
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|