"*" indicates required fields
Are you looking for a job that’s busy, varied and interesting? Do you have strong attention to detail and concentration skills even when working under pressure? Are you an excellent communicator with a clear voice and good listening skills? Then a career as an Air Traffic Control Assistant could be for you!
The position reports directly to the ATC Unit Manager, with coaching, guidance and support from the Duty Air Traffic Control Officer. Working a shift roster around the flexible airport operational hours, you will be assisting both radar and tower controllers in the safe execution of their duties. While acting as a point of contact for the Air Traffic Control tower, the role encompasses processing of aeronautical information including, NOTAMS, SNOWTAMS, Flight Planning and Aviation Weather data.
The successful candidate will have:
· Strong organisational skills and ability to work calmly under pressure;
· Good attention to detail and communication skills;
· Be able to multi-task and be enthusiastic with a pro-active and flexible outlook;
· Information processing capability and problem solving skills, with an ability to prioritise;
· Conscientiousness and rule adherence;
· Open to learning and development;
· Good spatial awareness, a practical mind and ability to use initiative;
· Competent IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
· A good standard of education (5 GCSE of grade C/4 or above, or equivalent) is essential and possession of ‘A’ levels or higher qualifications would be advantageous;
· An aviation related qualification could be an advantage.
To apply, please upload your CV to Indeed, along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the role and why you believe you would be a suitable candidate.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Please note, you should hear from us within four weeks of the closing date if you are shortlisted for interview, otherwise you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,425.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 06/07/2023Apply Now
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|