Teesside International Airport is looking for passionate and ambitious Chef to join the Food & Beverage Team. The Chef will be responsible for working to environmental health standards, preparing & cooking meals for our diners, ensuring the cleanliness of all food storage and preparation areas, kitchen inventory management and assisting in the development and delivery of menus.
· To monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
· To support the Head Chef and Food & Beverage Team to produce a first class dining experience for our passengers.
· To ensure operational areas are properly cleaned and prepared for all functions each day.
· Ensure safety and environmental health practices in the kitchen are implemented and followed
· Keep up with industry trends and assist the Head Chef in updating menus accordingly
Experience & Skills
· Educated to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent with a Level 2 qualification in Food Hygiene.
· At least 2 years’ experience as a Chef in a busy high-volume kitchen
· Strong knowledge of proper food handling and environmental standards.
· Experience of portion control in the food industry
· Ability to work as an integral member of a team in a fast-paced environment
· Efficient ordering and record keeping
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Self motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
Click here to apply.