We’re currently looking for a proactive Finance Assistant to join our team. You’ll be a self-motivated, enthusiastic and focused individual who is excited about the opportunity to make a real difference to our customers and colleagues. You’ll have involvement in both accounts payable and receivable with duties including processing sales and purchase ledger invoices, chasing debtors and pulling together supplier payments.
Specific duties will include:
· Manage the purchase to pay process of all supplier invoices
· Post and allocate all sales ledger receipts.
· Review, monitor and maintain customer and supplier databases – input purchase invoices, set up new supplier accounts, file supplier invoices and credit notes
· Update and resolve all customer and supplier issues to ensure prompt payment
· BACS payment processing
· Manage debts and overdue accounts, chase balances by telephone and email
· Prepare banking & reconciliation of bank accounts
· Process and pay expense claims
· Assist in the production of Management Accounts and other financial matters to meet business requirements
· Provide accounts information to satisfy customer and internal department requirements
· General administrative duties
What you’ll bring:
· Previous experience of credit control and performing the sales ledger function
· Knowledge / experience of Exchequer accounting software (or similar) would be an advantage
· A good standard of education (5 GCSE of grade C/4 or above, or equivalent) is essential and having or working towards a Finance related qualification (AAT or equivalent) would be an advantage
· Competent IT skills with strong Excel skills and an ability to use Microsoft Office and Outlook
· Strong communication skills, particularly as the role will involve having difficult conversations with external suppliers and debtors
· Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, prioritise and remain calm under pressure are all essential skills required of the role
In order to obtain a security pass, you will also be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and a five-year background check via references.
To apply, please forward an up to date CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the role and why you believe you would be a suitable candidate.
Application deadline for this role is 5pm Monday 16th May 2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00 per year
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|